The specialists of JSC “Biocentras” have developed several large projects of environmental protection and the objects were constructed based on these projects:
- 1992-1995 The utilization shop of non-regenerated oil products has been constructed in Kiškėnai village of Klaipėda region. The projected capacity of the shop is up to 500 t of soil contaminated by oil per year.
- 1999-2000 The cleaning site of soil polluted by oil and oil products in the territory of Mažeikiai Oil Refinery. The projected capacity of the site is 2000 t of soil contaminated by oil annually. The total area of the cleaning site is 9600 m2.
- 2005-2006 The expansion of the cleaning site of soil in the territory of Mažeikiai Oil Refinery. The capacity of the site increased to 12 000 t of oil contaminated soil per year.
The main design requirements:
- To bound the teritory with banks recording to the provided cleaning capability;
- To set up all required infrastructure – Įrengti reikalingą infrastruktūrą – access roads, driving roads, engineering communications;
- To set up durable site bottom, suitable for heavy transport to drive but also to transmit water;
- To plan drain of oiled (fall) water to the cleaning stations with the possibility to reuse it.
- To plan the possibility to gather soil contaminated with oil during the winter.
According to the cleaning schema, in the teritory of the object soil fields are separated for the nonmigrating heavy oil hydrocarbons final degradation until the allowable standarts using plants.